Friday, April 24, 2015

Hi!

So... I've started a blog! I'm not sure what this is going to be yet, but I've started this thing because I want a place to post my writing that will hopefully motivate me to write more and to be more critical of the things that I write since it'll all be up here for the whole internet to see.

I'm not huge on fiction writing, although that's something I'd love to be able to explore eventually because I love reading fiction with all of my heart (I may try writing some vignettes or short stories to begin with. We'll see). Right now my big thing is creative nonfiction - journalistic, essay type things - so hopefully I can get started doing something of that nature.

I've also started this blog partly because I've departed from tumblr (which I've had since the eighth grade - it's been a long run) and I want a more constructive replacement to something that has essentially become the internet equivalent of watching infomercials at one in the morning (so much endless scrolling through pretty pictures that I barely glance at before reblogging). Tumblr had its benefits, for sure - I have it to thank for a lot of really wonderful things I never would have found out about otherwise, as well as opening me up to things like feminism and LGBTQ+ rights that have now become incredibly important to me. For now, though, I think I've moved on and I'd like to try something else. I have no idea if anyone else will ever read any of what I post here, but I think if anything it'll be useful for me.

Here's to actually keeping up with this!

- Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment