Monday, July 27, 2015

Vegetarian-ing?

So, I've recently gone vegetarian - I've had various attempts at it over the past year or so but at 17 I'm not out of high school yet and still living with my parents, which means a lot of the time I end up eating what my family eats (as much as I want to go vegetarian, I feel bad about not eating the dinners my mum makes because then the food will go to waste, and I hate wasting food). However, I've been warming them to the idea of it and have been able to work around some things so that I've only really eaten meat three or four times this summer so far -- and now, as a kind of incentive to keep myself on top of this, and to get better at coming up with meal ideas that don't involve meat I'm going to be recording it all on this blog! So now, since I just started this and it's the end of the day, you just get to see my dinner - I'll hopefully do full-day recaps from now on (or maybe an end-of-the-week roundup or something).

And yes, it's probably weird that I eat dinner at 5:30, but I work from 6-10/11ish most nights so I have to eat something beforehand.

Dinner: Big Salad
Because salads are AMAZING

Ingredients:
- Lettuce
- Tomato tofu
- Raspberries
- Bocconcini balls
- Cherry tomatoes
- Salad dressing

I only had two of these left but they're really good on salads, or if you cut them up and melt them in a sandwich, yessss

Raspberries <3

Honest to god this is the best tofu EVER, I eat it all the time it's brilliant

Because I was too lazy to make my own vinaigrette and this stuff is damn good
And voila, the finished product. Eating salad always makes me feel like I'm being super healthy and good to myself, but let's be real I just love salad (if you do the exact same thing but take out the tofu, it's good as an addition to any other meal - I like having dinner salads though because it's better to not have a huge dinner - big breakfasts and lunches are the bomb

No comments:

Post a Comment